Great Ocean Walk
Princetown to 12 Apostles
7kms – 1.5 to 2hrs
The last 7km’s of the Great Ocean Walk starts next to the tranquil Gellibrand River next to the small town of Princetown. The Princetown recreation reserve provides a very affordable option for groups wanting to camp close to the 12 Apostles and it also has the additional luxury of hot showers and enclosed BBQ facilities which none of the official GOW hike-in campsites have. From a trail perspective the last 7km’s of the Great Ocean Walk is quite easy with no major challenges, though I’d encourage all those even with weary legs to make it down to the Gibson Steps which I believe is a better experience than the crowded boardwalks at the 12 Apostles.
Explore more of the Great Ocean Walk
Stage 1 – Apollo Bay to Elliot Ridge
Stage 2 – Elliot Ridge to Blanket Bay
Stage 3 – Blanket Bay to Cape Otway
Stage 4 – Cape Otway to Aire River
Stage 5 – Aire River to Johanna Beach
Stage 6 – Johanna Beach to Ryans Den
Stage 7 – Ryans Den to Devils Kitchen
Stage 8 – Devils Kitchen to Princetown
Stage 9 – Princetown to 12 Apostles
CHOOSE GOOD TIMES TOURS FOR YOUR GREAT OCEAN WALK EXPERIENCE
- Jono Ingram from Good Times Tours is Melbourne based so can provide return transport for public & private groups.
- I setup camp and cook for you. You simply walk with your day pack.
- We provide high quality tents, thermarest sleeping pads, pillows, down sleeping bags, camp chairs and a 6x3m waterproof marquee as camping equipment for all of our guests.
- I offer an an affordable option for groups up to 11 in size, looking for a no-fuss and flexible experience.
- I can cater for groups looking to spend anywhere between 2-4 days on the Great Ocean Walk.
Get in touch
We’d love to hear from you, so please contact us on any of the platforms below.
Jono Ingram – 0410 341 228 or @jonoingram