Great Ocean Walk
Apollo Bay to Elliot Ridge
The first stage of the Great Ocean Walk sees hikers depart from the town of Apollo Bay and follow the footpath along the Great Ocean Road until the Marengo Holiday Park. The path through the caravan park is easy to find and once you are past it, you really begin to feel like the walk is starting.
For what it’s worth, I wasn’t particularly fond of the first 11km’s to Elliot Ridge, because along the way you can see holiday houses overlooking the coast and the trail includes 4×4 tracks which in my opinion takes away from the experience. When I bring guests down to do the Great Ocean Walk, I start them at Blanket Bay and if you are short on time, then I’d consider this option as well. There are shuttle companies in Apollo Bay that can drive you the 45mins to Blanket Bay.
Explore more of the Great Ocean Walk
Stage 1 – Apollo Bay to Elliot Ridge
Stage 2 – Elliot Ridge to Blanket Bay
Stage 3 – Blanket Bay to Cape Otway
Stage 4 – Cape Otway to Aire River
Stage 5 – Aire River to Johanna Beach
Stage 6 – Johanna Beach to Ryans Den
Stage 7 – Ryans Den to Devils Kitchen
Stage 8 – Devils Kitchen to Princetown
Stage 9 – Princetown to 12 Apostles
CHOOSE GOOD TIMES TOURS FOR YOUR GREAT OCEAN WALK EXPERIENCE
- Jono Ingram from Good Times Tours is Melbourne based so can provide return transport for public & private groups.
- I setup camp and cook for you. You simply walk with your day pack.
- We provide high quality tents, thermarest sleeping pads, pillows, down sleeping bags, camp chairs and a 6x3m waterproof marquee as camping equipment for all of our guests.
- I offer an an affordable option for groups up to 11 in size, looking for a no-fuss and flexible experience.
- I can cater for groups looking to spend anywhere between 2-4 days on the Great Ocean Walk.
Follow our Adventures
I specialise in small group all-inclusive tours of the Great Ocean Walk departing from Melbourne. Owned by @jonoingram
Get in touch
We’d love to hear from you, so please contact us on any of the platforms below.
Jono Ingram – 0410 341 228 or @jonoingram